Located at the corner of Dubuque and Market Streets is the Aliber Center or the “Hillel House”. The building is a multi-function facility that serves the programming, administrative, and recreational needs of Hillel’s students. Hillel House is becoming known as the site of the finest flower garden in downtown Iowa City. Its other features include:
- Multi-use recreational room
- Judaic Library
- TV and music lounge (complete with AV equipment and a piano)
- Iowa City’s only kosher commercial kitchen and dining hall
- Multi-denominational chapel for holding weekday and Shabbat services
- Hillel House is home to UI’s art gallery on the lower level
Reserving Space in the Aliber Center
Any recognized Jewish group—either a local branch of a national organization or a locally-based group that defines its mission and core constituencies in writing—is invited to use Hillel facilities for meetings or programs. Individuals and non-Jewish groups may also use the facility. The full text of Hillel's facility use policy may be found here.
To reserve a room for an event, please fill out this form:
Shulman Hillel Foundation View Larger Map
Aliber Center for Jewish Life
122 E. Market St.
Iowa City, IA 52245